Non-disclosure is withholding information during the risk assessment when joining a medical aid. This could lead to your medical aid membership being terminated when you need it most.
These details include:
- Medical information
- Medical condition
- Medication you’ve taken or currently taking
What does this mean for you and your dependent?
What will happen if you don’t disclose all medical information on the application form?
- The medical scheme or gap cover service provider may end your membership immediately and reverse all claims they’ve paid.
- The medical scheme or gap cover service provider may impose waiting periods.
How do you avoid non-disclosure?
- Read all medical questions carefully.
- Be honest and disclose all medication information
- Give as many details as possible when answering the medical questions on the application form.
Article by: HEALTH & WELLNESS / 8 AUGUST 2019, 2:00PM / IOL SUPPLIED